Welcome to Beverly Hills Little League Spring Baseball. BHLL is excited to give our players the opportunity to resume baseball activities in a safe and responsible program.
The Spring program will have two phases: for Phase 1 from February 15-April 11, 2021 (subject to change), BHLL will run Practice Pods for players registered in Minors-Juniors (including softball); and for Phase 2 from April 12-June 15, 2021, BHLL will hopefully run its regular Spring program for all ages including Buddy Ball/Challenger Division.
For the second phase, there will be six divisions, with teams for ages 4-17, including T-Ball (ages 4-6), Rookies (7-8), Minors (9-10), Majors (11-12), Juniors (13-14) and Seniors. Softball will also be available in Phase 2.
The divisions Minors-Seniors will play competitive games in Phase 2 if permitted by applicable Covid-19 guidelines for youth sports (we will continue training pods until permitted to play competitively).
Registration is now open through January 30, 2021 for Phase 1 (including softball), which are the training pods from February 15-April 11, 2021. Only kids eligible for Minors-Juniors should register for Phase 1 (your kid must be nine by August 31, 2021 to play in Minors). The non-refundable registration fee is $50 to help pay for city field usage fees and necessary equipment (including disinfectants).
To register a player, please click on the following button:
Under the link “Registration” you will see another link for “Available Programs”. Please follow the directions (including creating an account). You must enter an accurate birthdate otherwise you will be disqualified from the program. Select the division you want to register for (must be age appropriate). Softball registration is the last category in the registration page. You should receive a confirmation via email if successfully completed the registration process.
Available slots are first come, first serve for Phase 1 training pods and there is no guarantee we can accommodate every player so register early. Registration will close once divisions are full (you will be placed on a wait list).
Information regarding registration for Phase 2 including registration fees will be sent in January or February 2021 (register at that time for T-Ball and Rookies as well as Minors-Juniors). Minors-Juniors who are interested in participating in Phase two (competitive baseball) are highly encouraged to participate in the Phase 1 training pods (although not mandatory).
Information regarding registration for Seniors Division and Buddy Ball/Challenger Division will be sent in February 2021.
If you want to coach a phase one practice pod (we need coaches), please click on the following button:
There is a separate link in the registration page for coaches.
The registration system will automatically assign your child to the proper division based on the birthdate entered. All baseball divisions are co-ed, and softball divisions are for females only.
We will advise parents and coaches at a later date how players will be assigned to practice pods. With respect to Phase two and the competitive divisions (Minors-Seniors), players are typically rated and then drafted for a team (no requests for a coach or teammate are accommodated); if this process changes for Minors-Seniors because of Covid-19 we will notify parents in advance.
T-Ball and Rookies do not rate and not subject to a draft. We will make an effort to accommodate coach and teammate requests for T-Ball and Rookies– no guarantees though because each team does have a roster limit.
If you have any questions regarding the Spring program, you can email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All participants in the first phase of the Spring program will be required to follow the League’s safety guidelines, which are set forth below (as applicable to parents and players). We will advise parents at a later date if the below guidelines (or modified guidelines) will apply to the second phase of the Spring program.
BHLL SPRING BALL SAFETY PROGRAM
In compliance with recent state and county guidelines for youth sports during the Covid-19 pandemic, the Board of Beverly Hills Little League (BHLL) has adopted the following program and safety protocols for 2021 Spring Practice Pods. Safety will always be BHLL’s priority. BHLL will update these guidelines as necessary. All participants including coaches will have to sign waiver of liabilities to participate in the Spring Program (waivers will be sent via email).
FORMATION OF PRACTICE PODS
• The practice pods will be capped at 10 players. The practice pods will consist of the same players/coaches throughout the 7-8 weeks. Non-core players may not join a pod when its short of players and the pod cannot add new members during the program. Players from separate pods may not participate in this program together at any time.
FORMAT OF PRACTICE PODS
• The Practice Pods will consist of 60-90 minute (longer for Juniors) bi-weekly skills training sessions led by approved BHLL coaches. Subject to field availability, two training sessions per pod will be scheduled.
• There will be no games or scrimmages allowed and no physical contact between players.
• All players, coaches and trainers will be required to wear masks. Masks with one-way valves are not permitted. Any player or coach who refuses to wear a mask will be sent home. Any player or coach who repeatedly refuses to wear a mask will be dismissed from the program.
• The number of participants on the field will be limited to up to 10 players and the same 2 coaches/trainers assigned to each pod.
• Hand sanitizers will be available at each practice session and participants will be required to wash or sanitize their hands during breaks which will occur every 20 minutes at minimum.
• Participants should bring their own equipment. BHLL will supply necessary equipment to any participant lacking proper equipment due to financial challenges. No equipment (e.g., gloves, bats, catcher’s gear, etc.) or drink bottles or food will be shared at any time (participants should bring their own drinks and snacks).
• Players equipment including backpacks must be lined up along the fence with a minimum of six feet apart.
• The use of cages during the practice pods will be limited to one coach and one player at a time. All touchpoints in the cage will be disinfected before and after each use (all disinfectants will be EPA approved). Only the coach should touch the baseballs in the batting cage at any and all times.
• Parents will not be allowed on the field. Parents will drop off players or can observed from outfield lines. Practice pod sessions will be scheduled separated by at least 45 minutes apart to prevent pod intermingling at pickup or drop-off.
• No participants including parents will be allowed to congregate near the field before or after practices.
• Additional Covid-19 safety protocols will be followed, including social distancing (minimum of 6 feet and 8 feet during heavy physical exertion), temperature and wellness checks before each practice session (no one registering 100.0 degrees or higher will be permitted to participate), and frequent disinfection of equipment. No physical contact, high fives, handshakes, fist bumps, hugs or horse play will be permitted. Use of dugouts or bleachers is not encouraged, and not permitted unless participants sit 6 feet apart.
Procedure for Positive Tests or Showing Covid-19 Symptoms
• If any participant in the pod tests positive for Covid-19, they must immediately inform the coach and cannot return to practice until 20 days after learning of the positive test. The entire pod will not be allowed to resume any baseball activities for 14 days. Participants will be required to quarantine for 14 days, or in accordance with public health guidance in effect at the time. Any participant showing signs of Covid-19 (high temperature, chills, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) will be sent home immediately to isolate for 14 days. Any participant who may have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 within the last 14 days must stay home for two weeks.
• Any participant or coach who violates any of the safety protocols will be suspended from the program. The BHLL Board also reserves right to cancel any and all practice pods for the season at any time, for any reason.